Front row (L-R): Dr. Billy C. Moore, Maud Kuykendall, Georgene Clark, Stephen King, Arlene Story Sanders,
Back row (L-R): Cetin (Chet) Oguz, Petya Petrova, Dr. Mrytis Tabb, Pierre Pope
2012 Delta State University Diversity Committee
Delta State University defines diversity as the inclusive uniqueness of individuals and their different social characteristics and affinities.
Diversity Mission Statement
In the pursuit of academic excellence, Delta State University is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive academic community that fosters productive intellectual exchange while bridging gaps in the differences in the human experience. DSU’s goal is to encourage the contributions of each individual in its learning community by providing venues for multicultural education and training in an environment of mutual respect. Through the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, faculty, and staff, Delta State exemplifies its understanding and appreciation of the individual fabric that creates the rich tapestry of our global community.
Diversity Advisory Committee Members
- Georgene Clark, Diversity Committee Chair, Assistant Professor of English
- Dr. Mrytis Tabb, Office of Senior Administrator- Special Projects
- Dr. Billy C. Moore, Dean, College of Business
- Dr. Maud Kuykendall, Special Education
- Dr. Debarashmi Mitra, Sociology & Community Development
- Dr.Stephen King, Professor of Communication Studies
- Arlene Story Sanders, Political Science
- Carla Johnson, Coordinator, College of Business Graduate Programs
- CetinOguz, Associate Professor of Art