Personal Protection Cancer Plan
Aflac Worldwide Headquarters
1932 Wynnton Road
Columbus, GA 31999
Personal Cancer Protection Plan is a supplemental health insurance policy, offered through AFLAC, which provides benefits for the direct medical and indirect non-medical costs of cancer treatment. Benefits are paid directly to you and pay in lieu of other benefits.
Medical Benefits include:
- Hospital Confinement Benefit: (includes) confinement in a U.S. government hospital) AFLAC will pay $300 for each day an covered is hospitalized and charged as an inpatient for the first 30 days for cancer treatment. Benefits increase to $600 per day beginning with the 31st day of continuous confinement. No lifetime maximum.
- Radiation and Chemotherapy Benefit: AFLAC will pay the charges incurred up to $300 per day when any covered person receives on or more of the cancer treatments for the purpose of modification or destruction of abnormal tissue. Self-injected medications or medications dispensed by a pump will be limited to the actual cost of the drugs up to $300 per prescription. Oral chemotherapy, regardless of where administration therapy, will be limited to the actual cost of the drugs up to $300 per prescription (monthly maximum of $1,200)
- Experimental Treatment Benefit: AFLAC will pay the charges incurred up to $300 per day for experimental cancer treatment. This benefit is not payable on the same day that the Radiation and Chemotherapy Benefit is paid. No lifetime maximum.
- Nursing Services Benefit: AFLAC will pay the charges incurred up to $100 per 24-hour day while confined to a hospital for full-time private care by RNs, LPNs, or LVNs other than those regularly furnished by the hospital. This benefit is payable for only the number of days the Hospital Confinement Benefit is payable. No lifetime maximum.
- Surgical/Anesthesia Benefit: AFLAC will pay $100 to $5,000 of the indemnity listed when a surgical operation is performed for a diagnosed internal cancer. Two or more surgical procedures performed through the same incision will be considered one operation, and the benefits will be paid for the most expensive procedure. AFLAC will pay an indemnity benefit equal to 25% of the amount shown on the Schedule of Operations for the administration of anesthesia during a covered surgical operation. The combined benefits payable in the Surgical/Anesthesia Benefit for any one operation shall not exceed $6,250. No lifetime maximum on number of operations.
- Skin Cancer Surgery Benefit: AFLAC will pay $100 to $600 on the indemnity listed (depending on the procedure performed) for surgery (with or without anesthesia) when a surgical operation is performed for a diagnosed skin cancer. No lifetime maximum on number of operations.
- Second Surgical Opinion Benefit: AFLAC will pay the charges incurred up to $250 to any covered person for a second surgical option concerning cancer surgery for a diagnosed cancer by a licensed physician. No lifetime maximum.
- Transportation Benefit: AFLAC will pay $.50 per mile for noncommercial travel or the costs incurred for commercial travel (coach class plane, train, or bus fare) for transportation of the round-trip distance between the hospital or medical facility and the residence of the covered person is special cancer treatment has been prescribed by the local attending physician. Benefits are limited to $1,500 per round trip. If the treatment is for a dependent child and commercial travel is necessary, we will pay for up to two adults to accompany the dependent child. The benefit is not payable for transportation to any hospital located within a 100-mile radius of the residence of the covered person.
- Lodging Benefit: AFLAC will pay the charges incurred up to $60 per day for lodging for you or any one adult family member when a covered person receives special cancer treatment at a hospital or medical facility. The hospital or medical facility and lodging must be more than 100 miles from the covered personís residence. The benefit is not payable for lodging occurring more then 24 hours prior to treatment nor for lodging occurring more then 24 hours following treatment. This benefit is limited to 60 days per calendar year.
- Cancer Screening Wellness Benefit: AFLAC will pay $75 per calendar year when a charge is incurred for one of the following: mammogram, breast ultrasound, Pap smear (lab and procedure), biopsy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, hemocult stool specimen, chest x-ray, CEA (blood test for colon cancer) CA 125 (blood test for ovarian cancer), PSA (blood test for prostate cancer), thermography or colonscopy. These tests must be performed to determine if cancer exists. This benefit is limited to one payment per calendar year. No lifetime maximum.
This is a partial benefit list. For additional benefits, riders, and more information regarding the above benefits, please see the AFLACís Personal Cancer Protection Plan brochure.
AFLAC Monthly Rates:
|One Parent Family
This page is maintained by Lisa Giger. Send questions and comments regarding this site to email@example.com