International students may receive assistance from the International Student Advisor in meeting the requirement for attendance at Delta State University as outlined in the procedures below.
International students make up a growing segment of our DSU population. In order to meet the special needs of these individuals, an International Student Advisor has been designated by the University to provide resources and support. The International Student Advisor can be contacted at 846-4867.
All International students are responsible for the following:
- Submitting a passport, I-94 and I-20 to the International Student Advisor at the beginning of each semester.
- Notifying the International Student Advisor immediately of an address change.
- Pursuing a full course of study. For undergraduate study, a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, and for graduate, a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester is required. Failure to maintain the minimum requirement or failure to obtain approval from the International Student Advisor will result in a violation of terms of the Visa status and make the student “out of status” with the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
- Keeping passport valid at all times.
- Having the I-20 signed by the International Student Advisor before departing the USA for visits abroad.
- Notifying the International Student Advisor whenever there is a change in major.
- Understanding the types of employment available to F-1 Visa which is limited to no more than 20 hours on campus.
- Obtaining a Social Security Number (SSN) if receiving a scholarship or working on campus.
Normal International Student Office hours: Mon-Thurs - 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Fri - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summer Hours: Mon-Fri - 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
All exceptions to above hours will be posted on the doors of the International Student Office in Kent Wyatt Hall.