Delta State University restricts the activities of sales agents in residence halls, student union, offices and work areas of the University in accordance with the following procedures.
Sales agents for insurances, investments, cookery, jewelry, books, magazines, services, etc. will NOT contact students, faculty, staff, or employees in the residence halls, student union, offices, and work station on the university campus or grounds, except under the following conditions:
1. In the residence halls and apartments – NO EXCEPTIONS
2. In the student union – Only with approval of the Director of the Union.
3. Such approval may be given for a specified period and not as permanent permission
4. To faculty members – Only with the approval from the VPAA or the appropriate school or college dean
5. To staff members and other employees – Only with the approval from the employees’ supervisor.
Deliveries may be made to the campus provided no solicitor comes to the campus to take such orders. There is not an intention to limit or restrict the sale or solicitation of business to Delta State University personnel, provided such sale or solicitation is not done on the university campus or grounds.
NOTE: Any off-campus salesman violating these regulations will be asked to leave the premises. Upon a second violation, he/she will be subject to a trespassing penalty.
Consumer Goods Vending is under supervision of the University Business Office. The sale of most items for consumption (i.e. cold drinks, candy, cookies, sandwiches, etc.) will be handled in the student union and in campus vending machines. There will be no peddling or vending of consumer goods by students in campus buildings or on campus grounds unless prior approval is obtained from the Coordinator of Facilities or the Vice President of Student Affairs.
University recognized clubs and organizations wishing to sell items at university athletic events must seek approval, first, through the Coordinator of Student Development, then through the Athletic Director. A request for approval of a fundraising activity must be filed with the Coordinator of Facilities in the Student Development Union Office (Union 200) at least three days prior to the beginning of the project.
Violations of these regulations by a person connected with Delta State University will be subject to disciplinary action. Any off-campus salesman violating these regulations will be asked to leave the premises. Upon a second violation, he/she will be subject to a trespassing penalty. Violations of these regulations should be reported to:
- Concerning residence halls/university housing – The Director of Housing & Residence Life
- Concerning faculty members – The Vice President for Academic affairs
- Concerning staff members and other employees – The employee’s direct supervisor.
- Concerning the Student Union – The Director of the Union.