Motor Vehicle Registration
Online Vehicle Registration
1. Type parking.deltastate.edu on your computer’s web browser address bar (No www is necessary).
2. Follow the steps given on this web site.
3. You are not complete until you have clicked submit and are asked to print.
4. Once you have printed out the last page, bring that page to the Police Department (located in Union 202A).
5. You have now completed your vehicle registration!
1) The fee for a decal is $40.00.
2) This fee can be paid in one of two ways:
a) At the Police Department with OKRA Green Anywhere ONLY. There are now two Cash Value Centers (CVC) conveniently located in the Union Lobby and the Library. You can put cash on your Okra Kard at either CVC.
b) You may use a credit card to put money on your Okra Kard at www.deltastate.edu, MyDSU, Okra Kard 24/7 Online Office.
3) 24-hours after registering for your decal (Office Hours), it will be charged to your student account.
4) The Police Department office personnel can then issue you a decal.
5) If opting for option two of payment, the charge to your student account can be handled by doing one of the following:
a) View Account & Make Payments online to pay with E-Check or Credit Card (2.75% convenience fee on credit card only).
b) Visit Student Business Services (Kent Wyatt Hall) pay with Cash or Check.
If at any time you have any questions regarding the vehicle registration process, contact our office at (662) 846-4155.
Students and employees who park their motor vehicles on the campus must register their vehicles with the Delta State Police Department. Parking decals may be purchased by using your OKRA Green Anywhere at the DSU Police Department. Or 48 hours after registering for your decal it will be charged to your account. The University will not be responsible for providing parking spaces for registered vehicles, nor can the University be held responsible for any damages to vehicles or occupants while vehicles are on campus.
- Students who register late will report to the Delta State Police Department to register their vehicles. A registration decal for a vehicle shall be effective from the date of purchase through second term summer school.
- Decals must be permanently affixed to the outside of the lower left corner of the rear window or left rear bumper or the fender of motorcycles.
- The cost of vehicle registration/decal purchase will be as follows:
$40.00 if purchased in the fall term.
$40.00 if purchased in the spring term.
$20.00 if purchased in the 1st/2nd sessions of summer terms.
- Recipients will at all times be responsible for the decal issued to them. If a vehicle is sold or traded within the school year, a current decal may be removed (place pieces on a scrap of paper) and presented to the Delta State Police Department where a new decal may be obtained for $3.00; otherwise, there will be a charge of the full registration fee.
You may obtain up to three temporary parking permits per term for each vehicle you have registered. The temporary permits may be issued for a minimum of one day or a maximum of one week. Persons using vehicles other than their registered vehicle(s) must obtain a temporary campus permit which will be issued at no charge. Temporary permits may be picked up at the Delta State Police Department. Such permits should be acquired immediately after arriving on campus. The temporary permit should be affixed to the lower left side of the rear window.
- Students changing from a commuter to a campus housing status or from a campus housing status to commuter, etc., may remove a current decal and exchange it for the needed type for $3.00. The decal on your vehicle should always reflect your current status as a student: failure to make the proper changes may result in parking tickets and/or charges through student court.
- DEALER TAGS: Persons wanting to register vehicles displaying dealer tags will not be sold a Delta State decal. A free temporary parking permit may be obtained for a vehicle with a dealer tag when your currently registered vehicle is in the shop and the dealer has supplied you with a dealer vehicle. YOU MUST PRESENT A STATEMENT ON DEALERSHIP LETTERHEAD ADVISING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN LOANED SUCH VEHICLE WHILE YOUR VEHICLE IS BEING WORKED ON IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A TEMPORARY PERMIT. Without this letter, we will not issue a temporary permit. Temporaries will not be issued beyond ten days from the date of the letter.
- RENTAL TAG: Persons wanting to register vehicles displaying rental tags will not be sold a Delta State Decal. A free temporary parking permit may be obtained for a vehicle with a rental tag while your currently registered vehicle is in the shop for repair.
- HANDICAP DECALS: Students/Employees who need access to handicap parking areas on campus must obtain a green Delta State Handicap Decal in addition to their regular decal. To obtain one, simply present a recent statement on letterhead from your physician advising your handicap or a copy of your state issued handicap permit, etc., to the Delta State Police Department. Anyone with a handicap permit may park in any legal parking space on the Delta State campus.
***Please Note: This allows us to distinguish between those who really need the handicap areas and those who do not need the handicap parking access but are simply using a relative’s car that is marked with a handicap tag, etc.
- Delta State reserves the right to regulate further the use of motor vehicles on the campus or to forbid the use of motor vehicles by a student or employee who refuses to abide by the parking and traffic regulations. Vehicles which have accumulated three or more unpaid tickets are subject to being immobilized. Immobilized vehicles may be towed after (5) days if fines remain unpaid. An additional fine of $50 is levied at the time of immobilization. To operate a motor vehicle on the campus is a privilege, not a right, subject to the regulations set forth by the Board of Trustees and administered by the University.
- Vehicles with student or employee decals which are repeatedly ticketed for the same violation are subject to being immobilized or towed at the owner’s expense after a third ticket for the same violation has been issued - regardless of whether the prior tickets are outstanding or have been paid in full.
- Any violations cited against a permit number will be charged to the person to whom the permit was issued.
This page is maintained by Lynn Buford.