· Funded by IHL “No Child Left Behind” program
· 19 participants
· Teachers of grades 5 – 8 from 12 different schools in the Delta: Leland Park, West Bolivar Middle, Myrtle Hall IV Elementary, Friars Point Elementary, Carver Upper Elementary, Weddington Math, Science, Technology Academy, Parks Elementary, Cypress Park Elementary, Solomon Middle, Moorhead Middle, Melissa Manning Elementary, and McEvans Elementary.
· 2 follow-up sessions during the 2005-2006 school year: September and February.
· Special materials: Navigating Through Algebra and Navigating Through Geometry and Navigating Through Measurement (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 2001-2005)
· Special activities with technology: TI-73 calculator, Geometer’s Sketchpad, digital camera, web lesson preparation, and mathematics features of MS Word
· Susan Lee, Coordinator of the Center for Teaching and Learning (College of Education INTEC Laboratory) at Delta State University, served as web master for the institute web pages.
· Each teacher received a daily stipend, $500 in teaching materials, and 6 hours of graduate credit.
· Each teacher made a presentation based on topics from the Mississippi Framework: Fractions, Decimals, and Percent, Operations with Fractions, Patterns, Geometric Relationships, Spatial Relationships, Linear Functions, Inequalities, Measurement, Perimeter, Area, Volume, and Probability.
Participant Lesson Plans
Page last modified on August 23, 2005 | Maintained by: Dr. Clifton Wingard